Scrum Master Advanced
Designed for Scrum learners and professionals with a foundation in: Scrum theory, team structure, deliverables, events, and artifacts. You’ll dive into the value a Scrum Master offers by bringing organizations and teams through change within an Agile framework.
This course helps prepare you to test for Professional Scrum Master II, (PSMII) certification.1
1: This track is not endorsed by Scrum.org
Skills you'll learn:
Successfully apply appropriate coaching strategies.
Support the Product Owner with Scrum strategies and tactics.
Identify metrics that support the empirical process and enable continuous improvement.
Mitigate dependencies and optimize a multi-team workflow.
What's included in this course:
- Default list item 1
- Default list item 2
- Default list item 3
California residents cannot purchase professional development courses or tracks.
Reasons to buy for business:
Professional Scrum Master II certification exam prep
Successfully completing this course can help you prepare to take the Professional Scrum Master II certification exam.
- Getting Started
- Getting Started
- Welcome to Scrum Master Advanced
- Module 1: Building & Maintaining High-Performing Teams
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 1: Building Trust as a Servant Leader
- Module 1: Comprehension Check #1
- Module 1: Developing the Scrum Team
- Module 1: Comprehension Check #2
- Module 1: Scrum Master as Coach
- Module 1: Comprehension Check #3
- Module 1: Retrospectives with Purpose
- Module 1: Comprehension Check #4
- Module 1: Summative Assessment
- Module 2: Service to the Product Owner
- Module 2: Introduction
- Module 2: A Closer Look at the Product Owner Role
- Module 2: Comprehension Check #1
- Module 2: Gaining Team Clarity on the Product
- Module 2: Comprehension Check #2
- Module 2: Coaching the Product Owner
- Module 2: Comprehension Check #3
- Module 2: Summative Assessment
- Module 3: Measurements with Purpose
- Module 3: Introduction
- Module 3: Choosing Metrics That Matter
- Module 3: Comprehension Check #1
- Module 3: Four Categories of Agile Metrics
- Module 3: Comprehension Check #2
- Module 3: Taking Action on the Data
- Module 3: Comprehension Check #3
- Module 3: Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Optimizing Flow in a Multi-Team Environment
- Module 4: Introduction
- Module 4: Implications for Roles, Events, and Artifacts
- Module 4: Comprehension Check #1
- Module 4: Mitigating Dependencies
- Module 4: Comprehension Check #2
- Module 4: Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Scrum Master Advanced Course Wrap-Up
Tools and resources for you to use right away:
Daily Scrum Facilitation Guide
A PDF job aid to help ensure an effective Daily Scrum.
Sprint Retrospectives Guide
A PDF job aid to help ensure an effective Retrospective.
Sprint Goal Template
A fillable and downloadable template that guides you through writing a Sprint Goal.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Scrum Master Advanced course right for me?
The Scrum Master Advanced course could be the right fit for you if you are interested in learning more advanced skills than those taught in the Scrum Master Fundamentals course. This Scrum Master Advanced course may be able to help you grow your career in the IT Project Management field.
Why should I purchase the Scrum Master Advanced course?
Purchasing our Scrum Master Advanced course is a great first step in growing your coaching strategies within a multi-team environment. You should purchase this course if you're interested in learning more about servant leadership and Scrum anti-patterns.
Do I need to apply for this course?
Everyone is welcome to take our Scrum Master Advanced professional development course. No application is necessary.
Does the Scrum Master Advanced course have prerequisites?
All skill levels are welcome to take the Scrum Master Advanced non-credit course. There are no prerequisites for this course.
Can the Scrum Master Advanced course help me prepare for a certification exam?
This course helps prepare you to test for Professional Scrum Master II (PSMII). This course is not endorsed by Scrum.org.
What is it like to participate in the Scrum Master Advanced course?
Scrum Master Advanced has four modules comprised of subjects like “servant leadership” and “coaching techniques.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all courses are 100% online and self-paced.
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.