Corporate Learning Design
Explore how to enhance the corporate learning experience – effectively engaging your colleagues and helping employees grow. This course teaches the principles of instructional design to help you understand the steps of corporate training. Explore how to discover what needs to be learned and how to review a completed training program for its effectiveness.
This course aligns to the SHRM® Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge¹
This Program, ID No. 616236 , has been approved for 30.00 E-Learning recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Skills you'll learn:
Effectively conduct a needs assessment for potential training solutions
Develop impactful learning experiences using key strategies
Evaluate the effectiveness of learning initiatives for business impact
Affect organizational change by applying effective career development strategies
Career development strategies
What's included in this course:
- Self-paced, 100% online
- SHRM recertification credits
- 4 job-ready skills
- No books or materials needed
- Finish course in approx. 30 hrs
- Access to course for 1 year
- Certificate of completion
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
California residents cannot purchase professional development courses or tracks.
Reasons to buy for business:
- Corporate Learning business list item 1
- Corporate Learning business list item 2
- Corporate Learning business list item 3
Get recertification credits
This Program, ID No. 8675309, has been approved for 30.00 E-Learning recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This course offers 30 professional development credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification.
AI-powered video assessments
Practice the communication skills covered in this course through AI-powered video assessments. React to scenarios designed to replicate real-life situations with video responses. Submitted video responses are evaluated by an AI for rate of speech, use of filler and unclear words and proper use of keywords and phrases. Feedback is delivered instantly to accommodate learning at anytime from anywhere.
- Provides real-time, data-driven insights
- Rate of speech
- Use of filler and unclear words
- Incorporation of keywords and phrases
- Helps identify knowledge gaps
- Practice new skills and get instant feedback at anytime, from anywhere
- Rerecord video responses as many times before submitting for evaluation
- Course Introduction
- Getting Started
- Course Welcome
- Module 1: Constructing Needs Assessments
- Introduction to Evaluating Organizational Learning Needs
- Needs Assessment Toolkit
- Human Resource Planning, Talent Assessment, and Development Frameworks
- Needs Assessment Key Terms
- Needs Assessment Skills Assessment
- Module 2: Identify Instructional Design Strategies
- Introduction to Corporate Learning Design Strategies
- Careers in Training & Development/Gamification for Learning
- Motivation, Action Mapping, and Essential Components of Successful L&D Strategies for Adult Learners
- Instructional Design Strategy Key Terms
- Instructional Design Strategy Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Evaluation of Learning Efficacy
- Introduction to Evaluating Learning Efficiency
- Training Assessment Projects
- Approaches to Learning Evaluation and Measurement Models
- Learning Efficacy Evaluation Key Terms
- Learning Efficacy Evaluation Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Career Development Strategies
- Introduction to Effective Career Development Strategies
- Career Paths in Training Development
- Fostering Connections, Virtual Mentorship and Team Building, and Professional Networking
- Career Development Strategy Key Terms
- Career Development Strategy Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources for you to use right away:
Employee Training and Development
This link provides a breakdown of the training services organizations typically offer the employees as well as presenting an Employee Training and Development Process diagram.
The Essential Components of a Successful L&D Strategy
This article provides basic information on the strategic role of Learning & Development, how it functions and aligns with business strategy, and how to better ensure success.
Adult Development & Learning
This website provides interactive content on how designing training differs for adult learners.
Evaluating Training Effectiveness
This website provides interactive content on the best methods for evaluating the success of a training model.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn® * , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
* LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Frequently asked questions
Who is the Corporate Learning Design course right for?
The Corporate Learning Design professional development course might be the right fit for you if you have an interest in learning about corporate training and development strategies. This course may also help you grow your career in the education field.
Why should I purchase the Corporate Learning Design course?
Purchasing our Corporate Learning Design professional development course is the first step in growing your employee training skills. You should purchase. Corporate Learning Design if you're interested in learning instructional design strategies.
Do I need to apply for this course?
Everyone is welcome to take the Corporate Learning Design course. No application is necessary.
Does the Corporate Learning Design course have any required prerequisites?
All levels and skillsets are welcome to take our Corporate Learning Design course. There are no prerequisites for this course.
Can this Corporate Learning Design course help me prepare for a certification exam?
This course aligns to the SHRM Functional Area 4 of the Body of Knowledge: Learning & Development. This course is not endorsed by SHRM.org. SHRM is a registered trademark of Society for Human Resource Management.
What is it like to participate in the Corporate Learning Design professional development course?
The Corporate Learning Design course has four modules comprised of subjects like “constructing needs assessments.” Each module has a knowledge check and brief assessment to validate your skills. You can expect the course to take about 30 hours, and all courses are 100% online and self-paced.
What is the difference between a course and a track?
A course covers one subject and an average of 4 job-ready skills. Select courses help prepare you to test for one industry certification exam.
A track is a collection of our courses at a discounted price. All tracks help prepare you to test for at least one industry certification exam.