Anatomy, Physiology and Coding: Neurological, Muscular, Mental Health and Skeletal Systems
This course was created with the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), and includes course material directly from NHA.
Build your knowledge of anatomy, physiology and key body systems – this course focuses on the Neurological, Muscular, Skeletal and Mental Health systems. Learn medical terms and acronyms to bill and code for maximum reimbursement. Practice your coding for diagnoses, tests, procedures, and treatments related to this body system.
Skills you'll learn:
Locate relevant information from patient medical records
Resolve medical record discrepancies and collaborate with providers for clarification
Determine appropriate responses and actions to claim rejections
Ensure all medical care and procedures are properly captured and coded for optimal reimbursement
Anatomy and physiology for Neurological, Muscular, Skeletal and Mental Health
Medical terms and acronyms within medical records
Resolving discrepancies and processing claims
What's included in this course:
- Default list item 1
- Default list item 2
- Default list item 3
California residents cannot purchase professional development courses or tracks.
Reasons to buy for business:
We recommend having the following required materials on hand before starting this course. You will not be able to gain the full benefit of this course without these coding manuals, and you’ll need them if you plan to take NHA's Certified Billing & Coding Specialist, (CBCS), certification exam. The following materials are not included in the purchase price and must be obtained separately.
- ICD-10-CM 2021: The Complete Official Codebook (ICD-10-CM the Complete Official Codebook)
- HCPCS 2021 Level II Professional Edition (HCPCS Level II (American Medical Assn))
- CPT 2021 Professional Edition (CPT / Current Procedural Terminology (Professional Edition))
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist exam prep
This course can be purchased individually or as part of the (Medical Billing and Coding Track)[https://www.phoenix.edu/professional-development/healthcare/track/medical-billing-and-coding-track/] that can help you prepare for the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist exam.
- Course Introduction
- Getting Started
- Course Welcome
- Module 1: Anatomy and Physiology for Coding the Muscular System
- Introduction to the Muscular System
- Basic Anatomy of the Muscular System
- Muscular Disorders and Anatomy Key Concepts
- Muscular System Anatomy and Coding Knowledge Check
- Muscular System Skills Assessment
- Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology for Coding the Skeletal System
- Introduction to the Skeletal System
- Basic Anatomy and Disorders of the Muscular System
- Skeletal Diseases and Anatomy Key Concepts
- Skeletal System Anatomy and Coding Knowledge Check
- Skeletal System Skills Assessment
- Module 3: Anatomy and Physiology for Coding the Nervous System
- Introduction to the Nervous System
- Basic Anatomy and Disorders of the Nervous System
- Central and Peripheral Nervous System Anatomy and Disease Key Concepts
- Nervous System Anatomy and Coding Knowledge Check
- Nervous System Skills Assessment
- Module 4: Anatomy and Physiology for Mental Health Coding
- Introduction to Coding Mental Health Diseases and Disorders
- Mental Health in the News
- Mental Health Disorder and Disease Key Concepts
- Mental Health Coding Knowledge Check
- Mental Health Skills Assessment
- Course Conclusion
- Course Wrap Up
Tools and resources for you to use right away:
Accessing your NHA Study Materials (Guide)
This guide will help you set up your National Healthcareer Association (NHA) account to access study materials as you progress through this course.
Professional Curated Resources
This PDF contains links to resources curated by professionals in the field to help support your growing knowledge and skill sets in this course.
Showcase your achievement
Share your Certificate of Completion and Professional Development Badge by uploading them to your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn® * , when you’ve successfully completed your course with a score of 85% or higher.
* LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.